Early Nova Scotians:
the letter and you will be brought to the beginning of the appropriate biography list.
- Iberville: Pierre Le Moyne, Sieur d'Iberville (1661-1706):
- A French naval captain, one of Canada's most illustrious sons, Iberville was feared throughout all of the New England colonies. (More)
- Inglis, Bishop Charles (1734-1816):
- Inglis was a loyalist leader during the American Revolution, and, coming to Nova Scotia, became the first Anglican Bishop whose diocese was outside of Britain. Inglis is credited with being the founder of the oldest overseas English University and boys' residential school. (More)
- Isabeau, Michel-Philippe (?-1724):
- The primary contractor responsible for the building of Louisbourg. (More)
Found this material Helpful?
[The Lion & The Lily -- Book 1 (1500-1763)]
[Settlement, Revolution & War -- Book 2 (1760-1815)]
[The Road To Being Canada -- Book 3 (1815-1867)]
[Nova Scotian Biographies]
[History Jump Page]